Paul McCartney to reissue Band on the Run
The set, which was personally supervised by McCartney and remastered at Abbey Road using the same team who recently remastered the complete Beatles’ catalog, comes in four different configurations:
– Nine track single disc standard edition
– Three-disc (2 CD/1 DVD) special edition featuring nine bonus audio tracks (including “Helen Wheels”), rare footage of the McCartneys in Lagos and behind-the-scenes at the famous album cover shoot, original Band on the Run promotional video clips, the One Hand Clapping television special (highlighted by studio performances filmed at Abbey Road in 1974) all with beautifully enhanced packaging.
– Four-disc (3 CD/1 DVD) deluxe edition featuring all of the aforementioned as well as a 120-page hard bound book containing many unseen and unpublished photos by Linda McCartney and Clive Arrowsmith, album and single artwork, downloadable hi-res audio versions of the remastered album and bonus audio tracks, a full history of the album complete with a new interview with Paul and expanded track by track information for all four discs. The deluxe edition also includes a special Band on the Run audio documentary (originally produced for the 25th Anniversary edition.)
– 2 LP, 180 gram vinyl edition featuring an MP3 download of all remastered and bonus tracks.
The reissue hits stores on November 2nd. You can find a complete tracklisting below.
Band on the Run Tracklist:
01. Band on the Run
04. Mrs Vandebilt
05. Let Me Roll It
07. No Words
08. Picasso’s Last Words (Drink to Me)
09. Nineteen Hundred and Eighty Five
Bonus Audio Tracks
01. Helen Wheels
02. Country Dreamer
03. Bluebird [from One Hand Clapping]
04. Jet [from One Hand Clapping]
05. Let Me Roll It [from One Hand Clapping]
06. Band on the Run [from One Hand Clapping]
07. Nineteen Hundred and Eighty Five [from One Hand Clapping]
08. Country Dreamer [from One Hand Clapping]
09. Zoo Gang
Remastered documentary disc originally produced for the 25th Anniversary release of Band on the Run. Featuring interview contributions from Paul McCartney, Linda McCartney, Denny Laine, Geoff Emerick, Tony Visconti, Al Coury, Clive Arrowsmith, James Coburn, John Conteh, Kenny Lynch, Michael Parkinson, Christopher Lee, Clement Freud, and Dustin Hoffman.
01. Band on the Run Music Video
02. Mamunia Music Video
03. Album Promo
Featuring Band on the Run, Mrs Vandebilt, Nineteen Hundred and Eighty Five, Bluebird
04. Helen Wheels Music Video
05. Wings In Lagos
06. Osterley Park
07. One Hand Clappinghttp://consequenceofsound.net/2010/09/16/paul-mccartney-to-reissue-band-on-the-run/