Sir Paul McCartney, right, poses for the photographers with his son James, as he leaves an exhibition of photographs by his late wife Linda McCartney, in a central London gallery,Wednesday April 23, 2008.
Former Beatle Ringo Starr, escorted by his wife Barbara Bach, arrives to attend the exhibition of photographs by late Linda McCartney, then wife of Paul McCartney, in a central London gallery, Wednesday April 23, 2008.
A portrait of late photographer Linda McCartney, taken by her husband Paul McCartney, is included in an exhibition of her photographs from the 1960s to the late 1990s, at a central London gallery, Tuesday April 22, 2008. The collection of photographs, chosen by Paul McCartney, to mark the 10th anniversary of her death, includes images of Jim Morrison, Janis Joplin, John Lennon, Mick Jagger but also rarely seen works and charts her career as a leading photographer.
Sir Paul McCartney sits beneath photos dated from the 1960s up until the late 1990s, including images shot by his late wife Linda, as he hangs them at an exhibition entitled Linda McCartney Photographs at the James Hyman Gallery, April 21, 2008 in London, England.
Sir Paul McCartney (L) looks at photos dated from the 1960s up until the late 1990s, including images shot by his late wife Linda, as he hangs them at an exhibition entitled Linda McCartney Photographs at the James Hyman Gallery, April 22, 2008 in London, England.
Песня "Bat Out Of Hell" американского певца Мит Лоуфа с одноименного альбома 1977 года признана самой любимой композицией среди британских водителей, пишет в понедельник газета The Daily Mail. Об этом свидетельствуют результаты опроса, проведенного страховой компанией Saga Motor Insurance среди более двух тысяч автолюбителей.
В тройку самых любимых "дорожных гимнов" также попали "Bohemian Rhapsody" группы Queen и "Born To Be Wild" коллектива Steppenwolf. На четвертом месте также оказалась группа Queen с композицией "Don't Stop Me Now".
Исследование выявило интересную тенденцию: стиль музыки не влияет на манеру вождения. Так, половина водителей-лихачей, часто нарушающих скоростной режим, признались, что чаще слушают медленный блюз или кантри. Кроме того, лихачи предпочитают регги, хип-хоп и классическую музыку.
THE BEATLES The Beatles Jukebox (2008 28-track CD album featuring a collection of recordings that trace the formative sounds that were influential in the development of the band including songs that were either covered in performance by The Beatles, or influenced their song writing, or were personal or collective favourites of the boys [2 of the songs featured here were included in John Lennon’s own portable jukebox!]).
1. Vipers Skiffle Group Don’t You Rock Me Daddy-O Varley/Whyton 2:14 2. Lonnie Donegan Cumberland Gap Trad., arr. Donegan 1:58 3. Bill Haley & His Comets Rock Around The Clock Freeman/DeKnight 2:09 4. Eddie Cochran Twenty Flight Rock Cochran/Fairchild 1:42 5. Buddy Holly That’ll Be The Day Holly/Allison 2:17 6. Lonnie Donegan Wreck Of The Old ’97 Trad, arr Donegan 2:27 7. Chas McDevitt Skiffle Group Freight Train James/Williams 2:55 8. Dell-Vikings Come Go With Me C.E. Quick 2:39 9. George Formby Chinese Laundry Blues Formby 2:23 10. Louis Armstrong & Ella Fitzgerald Summertime Gershwin/Heyward/Gershwin 4:52 11. Larry Williams Bony Moronie Williams 3:05 12. Larry Williams Short Fat Fannie Williams 2:25 13. Little Richard Long Tall Sally Penniman/Blackwell/Johnson 2:09 14. Carl Perkins Matchbox Perkins 2:53 15. Carl Perkins Honey Don’t Perkins 2:46 16. Chuck Berry Rock and Roll Music Berry 2:30 17. Chuck Berry Roll Over Beethoven Berry 2:22 18. Buck Owens Right After The Dance Owens 1:10 19. Hank Williams Honky Tonk Blues Williams 2:10 20. The Everly Brothers Bye, Bye, Love Felice and Boudleaux Bryant 2:21 21. The Everly Brothers Wake Up, Little Susie Felice and Boudleaux Bryant 1:59 22. Elvis Presley Baby Let's Play House Gunter 2:15 23. The Rays Silhouettes Bob Crewe and Frank Slaye 2:44 24. Ray Charles Hallelujah, I Love Her So Charles 2:34 25. Joe Turner Shake, Rattle and Roll Charles E. Calhoun 2:58 26. Gene Vincent Blue Jean Bop Gene Vincent/Hal Levy 2:20 27. The Coasters Young Blood Leiber and Stoller 2:18 28. The Coasters Searchin’ Leiber and Stoller 2:45
JON LORD Gemini Suite (2008 6-track digitally remastered CD album [NEVER previously issued on CD in the UK] - After 1969's classical rock Concerto for Group & Orchestra, Jon Lord was comissioned to write a follow-up; 'Gemini Suite' featured movements inspired by the members of Deep Purple; as challenging as 'Gemini Suite' was, it nevertheless became seen as an important step on Jon Lord's classical career and brought further offers of work; comes complete with a 12-page picture booklet containing sleevenotes and rare pictures).
1. Guitar 2. Piano 3. Drums 4. Vocals 5. Bass guitar 6. Organ
WILLIE NELSON with MERLE HAGGARD & RAY PRICE Last Of The Breed (2008 DVD - They are the elder statesmen of classic country music who have inspired artists all over the world for decades; no one sings country music with the passion & purity of Willie Nelson, Merle Haggard & Ray Price, and in March 2007 these living legends and Country Music Hall of Fame inductees were united on stage for a once-in-a-lifetime concert event; complete with Bonus Material including interviews with all 3 on Willie's tour bus & photo gallery, with more details to follow...).
Tracklisting includes: * Always On My Mind * Crazy * On The Road Again * Help Me Make It Through The Night * Sing Me Back Home * That's The Way Love Goes * Whiskey River and more...
Release date: Monday 5 May 2008
Re: Elvis Aaron Presley Автор:Primal ScreamДата: 28.04.08 14:07:29
ELVIS PRESLEY & PAT BOONE Rockin' Rivals (2008 DVD comprising an entertaining & insightful one-hour look at the friendly rivalry between Mr. Blue Suede Shoes and Mr. White Buck Shoes; included are rare film, TV & newsreel clips plus revealing interviews with such luminaries as Dick Clark, Tom Jones, Glen Campbell, Kenny Rogers, Phyllis McGuire, Bill Medley, Arlene Dahl, Joe Esposito, Shirley Jones, and the legends themselves).
VARIOUS ARTISTS Farm Aid (2008 DVD - Willie Nelson, Neil Young & John Mellencamp organized the first Farm Aid concert in 1985; on September 18, 2005, Farm Aid celebrated its 20th anniversary with a sold-out benefit concert playing to 28000 fans in Tinley Park [outside Chicago] not far from the site of the first Farm Aid, where the music and the movement began; with performances by Kate Voegele, Arlo Guthrie, Buddy Guy & John Mayer, Los Lonely Boys, Emmylou Harris, Kenny Chesney, Dave Matthews, Willie Nelson, Neil Young, John Mellencamp and more...).
1. Kate Voegele - That's Not Love To Me 2. Shannon Brown - Corn Fed 3. Supersuckers - Drivin' Nails In My Coffin 4. Susan Tedeschi - Lord Protect My Child 5. Arlo Guthrie - Alice's Restaurant 6. Buddy Guy/John Mayer - What Kind Of Woman 7. Kathleen Edwards - Independent Thief 8. Widespread Panic - Surprise Valley 9. Los Lonely Boys - My Way 10. Emmylou Harris - Red Dirt Girl 11. Wilco - Airline To Heaven 12. Wilco - Late Greats 13. Kenny Chesney - Young 14. Kenny Chesney - Back Where I Come From 15. Kenny Chesney - She Thinks My Tractor's Sexy 16. Dave Matthews - Gravedigger 17. Dave Matthews - Ants Marching 18. John Mellencamp - Love And Happiness 19. John Mellencamp - Scarecrow 20. John Mellencamp - Crumblin' Down 21. John Mellencamp - Pink Houses 22. Neil Young - When God Made Me 23. Neil Young - This Old Guitar 24. Willie Nelson - Whiskey River 25. Willie Nelson - Still Is Still Moving To Me 26. Willie Nelson - Beer For My Horses 27. Willie Nelson - Crazy 28. Willie Nelson - Night Life / Listen To The Blues 29. Willie Nelson - On The Road Again
RADIOHEAD The Best Of (2008 DVD - Working with music video's most innovative directors [such as Jonathan Glazer, Michel Gondry, Jamie Thraves, Jake Scott, Sophie Muller], the band's commitment to visual creativity has resulted in some of the most memorable, groundbreaking & influential music videos in the history of the medium; comprising 20 classic videos [9 of which appear for the 1st time anywhere on DVD] including 'Just', 'Street Spirit', 'Karma Police', 'Paranoid Android', 'No Surprises', 'Knives Out', 'Pyramid Song', 'There There' & more plus a live performance of '2+2=5').
1. Creep - Directed by Brett Turnbull 2. Anyone Can Play Guitar - Directed by Dwight Clarke 3. Pop Is Dead - Directed by Dwight Clarke 4. Stop Whispering - Directed by Jeff Plansker 5. My Iron Lung - Directed by Brett Turnbull 6. High and Dry [UK Version] - Directed by David Mould 7. High and Dry [US Version] - Directed by Paul Cunningham 8. Fake Plastic Trees - Directed by Jake Scott 9. Just - Directed by Jamie Thraves 10. Street Spirit (Fade Out) - Directed by Jonathan Glazer 11. Paranoid Android - Directed by Magnus Carlsson 12. Karma Police - Directed by Jonathan Glazer 13. No Surprises - Directed by Grant Gee 14. Pyramid Song - Directed by Shynola 15. Knives Out - Directed by Michel Gondry 16. I Might Be Wrong - Directed by Sophie Muller 17. Push Pulk / Spinning Plate - Directed by Johnny Hardstaff 18. There There - Directed by Chris Hopewell 19. Go To Sleep - Directed by Alex Rutterford 20. Sit Down Stand Up - Directed by Ed Holdsworth 21. 2+2=5 [Live at Belfort Festival] - Directed by Fabien Raymond
AL GREEN Lay It Down (2008 11-track CD album - 'Lay It Down' was produced by Al Green & Ahmir 'Questlove' Thompson with James Poyser; and is a refreshingly old school jam brought right up to date with some great duets and the amazing DapKing Horns [Amy Winehouse, Mark Ronson]; featuring vocal contributions from Anthony Hamilton, John Legend & Corinne Bailey Rae, this is a warm, soulful, wonderful album that brings Green's classic sound of the early '70's right into 2008).
1. Lay It Down 2. Just For Me 3. You've Got The Love I Need 4. No One Like You 5. What More Do You Want From Me 6. Take Your Time 7. Too Much 8. Stay With Me (By The Sea) 9. All I Need 10. I'm Wild About You 11. Standing In The Rain
Release date: Monday 26 May 2008
Re: John McLaughlin & Shakti Автор:Primal ScreamДата: 28.04.08 13:41:56
John McLaughlin: Meeting of the Minds - The Making of Floating Point (2008)
DVD Release Date: May 20, 2008 Run Time: 80 minutes
Product Description For the first time, an intimate view of what happens at a John McLaughlin recording session. Filmed over a period of 5 days, during the making of John's new record Floating Point, you can see how great musicians work together with spontaneity and vitality. For this 'meeting of the minds' John invited some of the most outstanding instrumentalists including Indian vocalist Shankar Mahadevan. Through the interviews of all musicians, you will get to know how they approach John's compositions. In addition, there is an extra audio track with John commenting on the entire recording. This movie lifts the curtain on the making of music today. For Floating Point, which was recorded in India, McLaughlin used several of the best Indian musicians in the world. McLaughlin calls these players the 'young lions' of India. They include keyboardist Loiuz Banks, drummer Ranjit Barot, electric sitarist Niladri Kumar, flautists Shashank and Naveen Kumar, percussionist Sivamani, vocalist Shankar Mahadevan, electric mandolinist U.Rajesh, and Hindustini slide guitarist Debashish Bhattacharya. Joining them were other Western stars, saxophonist George Brooks and bassist Hadrien Feraud. With a line-up like that, you would expect a very Indian experience. But, McLaughlin says not necessarily so.
'Now while this CD features predominantly Indian musicians, we are in quite another form compared to the group Shakti,' McLaughlin says. 'The music is for the most part 'Jazz-Fusion' if a label has to be put on it. But with the musicians involved in this project, it has also a 'world' kind of atmosphere.'
McLaughlin adds, 'I really am happy with the outcome of this CD which actually came about quite spontaneously and without any real planning. You can hear in the music where I am in my development, and in which directions I'm moving. It was a real thrill to play with these players, and I offer my thanks to them for their unique contributions. I truly wish and hope that it brings something to the listeners. I also offer my deep thanks to them for their continued support to my dedicated work.'
Halfway, Pleased - Curt Smith Audio CD (May 20, 2008)
1. Perfect Day 2. Seven Of Sundays 3. Halfway Pleased 4. Greatest Divide 5. Coming Out 6. Aeroplane 7. Two 8. Addict 9. Cover Us 10. Who You Are 11. Where Do I Go? 12. Snow Hill (Live) 13. Seven Of Sundays (Acoustic) 14. Coming Out (Acoustic) 15. Seven Of Sundays (Duet With So)
Beatles for Sale: How Everything They Touched Turned to Gold (Paperback) by John Blaney (Author)
Beatles for Sale is a brand new way of looking at a story you may think you know inside out. Author John Blaney shows for the first time how the group and their inner circle invented so much of what we now recognize as the modern business of making and selling rock music. This was certainly not because Lennon, McCartney, Epstein, and the rest had a clear vision of the way things ought to be. Very often it was simply down to making things up as they went along - because no one had been there before and no one knew how to do these things. The book details the ups and downs of the group as they promoted, advertised, and sold records, played concerts, sold merchandise, made films, and set up publishing and record companies of their own. It is a story of naivety and greed, inexperience and luck, gullibility and ingenuity. It is the story of every aspect of how the Beatles made money - and how virtually every group since then has followed in their footsteps.