>17 августа 1982 года вышел первый коммерческий
>музыкальный компакт-диск. На нем был представлен
>альбом ABBA «The Visitors». CD выпустили по заказу
>Royal Phillips Electronics на заводе Polygram
>Records в Германии. Разработкой стандарта CD занимались
>Phillips и Sony.
Википедия даёт несколько иную информацию:
"(Compact Disc Digital Audio) Initial launch and adoption:
Philips established the Polydor Pressing Operations plant in Langenhagen near Hannover, Germany, and quickly passed a series of milestones:
- The first test pressing was of a recording of Richard Strauss's Eine Alpensinfonie (An Alpine Symphony), recorded December 1-3, 1980 and played by the Berlin Philharmonic and conducted by Herbert von Karajan, who had been enlisted as an ambassador for the format in 1979.
- The first public demonstration was on the BBC television programme Tomorrow's World in 1981, when the Bee Gees' album Living Eyes (1981) was played.
- The first commercial compact disc was produced on 17 August 1982, a 1979 recording of Chopin waltzes by Claudio Arrau.
- The first 50 titles were released in Japan on 1 October 1982, the first of which was a re-release of the Billy Joel album 52nd Street.
- The first CD played on BBC Radio was in October 1982 on BBC Radio Scotland (Jimmy Mack programme, Followed by Ken Bruce and Eddie Mair all BBC Scotland), with the first CD played on UK independent radio station shortly after (Radio Forth, Jay Crawford Show). The CD was the Dire Straits album Love Over Gold."https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compact_Disc_Digital_Audio